Daily Observer / Trusted news from Nigeria and beyond

collapse
...
Home / World News / Suspected Monaco Bombing Accomplice Killed Days After Attack on Ukrainian Millionaire

Suspected Monaco Bombing Accomplice Killed Days After Attack on Ukrainian Millionaire

Aug 20, 2026  Bukola Kuteyi
Suspected Monaco Bombing Accomplice Killed Days After Attack on Ukrainian Millionaire

Investigators say Anastasiia Berezovska was allegedly tracked to Ukraine after the June 29 bombing that seriously injured businessman Vadym Yermolaiev, his partner and their teenage son.


A Ukrainian woman suspected of planting a bomb outside the Monaco home of millionaire businessman Vadym Yermolaiev was allegedly killed just days after the attack, deepening the mystery surrounding the attempted assassination and the people behind it.
The June 29 explosion seriously injured Yermolaiev, his partner and their 13-year-old son.


Authorities identified the suspect as 39-year-old Anastasiia Berezovska after reviewing surveillance footage that allegedly showed her scouting Yermolaiev’s residence before the bombing.


Investigators said Berezovska disguised herself in a black bucket hat and loose clothing before leaving a backpack containing the explosive device outside the property. She reportedly fled the area shortly before the device detonated.


Following the blast, Monaco police launched a major investigation involving about 250 officers and an extensive review of CCTV footage across the city.


Berezovska reportedly travelled through several European countries before returning to Ukraine on July 1, before investigators had identified her as a suspect.


Ukrainian prosecutors allege that she later met two men, Vladyslav Reut and Vitaliy Zhykovych, who investigators say had been in communication with her and transferred thousands of euros to her.


According to Ukrainian prosecutors and evidence presented in court, Berezovska was taken to a forest near Kyiv on July 3, where she was allegedly shot and buried.
Her body was recovered three days later after Reut reportedly led investigators to the burial site.


Reut has accused Zhykovych of shooting Berezovska. However, Zhykovych’s lawyer has rejected the allegation, accusing Reut of attempting to shift responsibility for the killing.
Yermolaiev, who suffered serious burns in the Monaco explosion and required several surgeries, said he does not know who wanted him dead.


The businessman also rejected suggestions that he was involved in criminal activity or that members of his family could have ordered the attack.


Yermolaiev said he believed Berezovska may have been motivated by money and was likely only an operative in a wider plot.
The case has therefore left investigators with a central unanswered question: Who ordered the attack on Yermolaiev?


Ukrainian authorities have denied allegations that the operation was officially sanctioned by intelligence agencies. Reut, who was reportedly serving as a Ukrainian military intelligence officer at the time, has claimed that he acted without the knowledge of his superiors.


The circumstances surrounding both the Monaco bombing and Berezovska’s subsequent killing remain under investigation, with authorities yet to establish who ultimately commissioned the alleged assassination attempt.


Share:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies Cookie Policy