TV host speaks on male vulnerability and personal pain as estranged wife’s allegations spark public controversy
Popular Nigerian television host, Frank Edoho, has declared that he never wants his life to end as a result of emotional pain caused by a woman, as he opens up about personal struggles and the pressures men face in silence.
Edoho made the candid revelation during an interview on the YouTube show Outside The Box, published on Saturday, where he reflected on life, vulnerability, and how he hopes to be remembered.
“I don’t want to get to heaven and be told that what killed me was a woman—whether it’s my wife, mother, or daughter. I don’t want that to be my story,” he said.
The media personality, best known for hosting the Nigerian edition of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, stressed that he desires a life defined by impact and fulfillment rather than emotional turmoil.
“I want to leave this world with a smile, knowing I made people happy. My only regret should be that I didn’t do more good—not that I ran out of time,” he added.
His remarks come amid a heated personal controversy involving his estranged wife, Sandra Onyenucheya, who recently accused him of infidelity, emotional abuse, and financial misconduct in a viral Instagram post.
Sandra alleged that Edoho was involved with multiple women during their marriage, mishandled her finances, and pressured her into terminating a pregnancy.
In response, Edoho denied the claims and countered with allegations of infidelity against Sandra, claiming she had an affair with singer Chike. He further stated that he possessed evidence of their communication and had confronted the singer in a bid to salvage the marriage for their children.
Despite the ongoing dispute, Edoho avoided addressing the accusations directly during the interview. Instead, he shifted focus to the broader issue of male emotional struggles, noting that many men endure hardship without speaking up.
“The burden of being a man is heavy. Men go through a lot but remain silent. Many carry their pain to the grave without ever expressing it,” he said.
He also revealed that he once went through a deeply challenging period that lasted about two years, which he kept entirely private.
“There was a time I was in a very dark place for about two years, and nobody knew. I didn’t talk to anyone. I just felt it was something I had to deal with on my own,” he disclosed.
Edoho attributed his ability to mask his emotions to his years in broadcasting, where maintaining composure on air is essential regardless of personal circumstances.
“Broadcasting trains you to put on a brave face. No matter what you’re going through, once you’re on air, you deliver. But real life isn’t that simple,” he explained.
Edoho confirmed in an earlier statement that he and Sandra had been separated for nearly two years before the recent public fallout. Their marriage is his second, following a previous union with broadcaster Katherine Obiang, which also ended in separation.
As the controversy continues to unfold, Edoho’s latest comments have reignited conversations about mental health, emotional resilience, and the often-unspoken struggles faced by men behind closed doors.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *